KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of warehouse supervisors and stock controllers, continually motivating and challenging staff members.
- Manage and develop the budgets and P&L of the warehouse department.
Ensure warehouse staff are at all times delivering on expectations.
- Develop staff through internal and external training to ensure personnel are delivering the best of the capabilities.
- Safeguard the warehouse operations and contents by monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Manage and account for all receipts and despatches and communicate this effectively with the finance department.
- Participate in Stock/Project management internally or when required by Management.
Finance & Income Generation
- Market the warehousing service and achieve the monthly gross margin targets set to deliver against the annual budget expectations.
- Assist in the effective financial management of the warehouse and contribute to the same for the greater company.
Stock Rotation & Space Utilisation
- Continually maximise space utilisation through effective stock rotation and stacking and storage principals. Where possible improve on the current standards.
- Monitor stock aging and conduct FIFO stock control on a weekly and ongoing basis.
- Working closely with the inventory controller on correct stock rotation and ensuring 100% stock reporting.
- Planning, co-ordinating, monitoring and managing the movement of all incoming/outgoing goods.
- Active planning and forecasting on warehouse space and resources in line with shipments and deliveries, i.s.d. ensuring that unplanned events are managed and mitigated before occurrence.
- Plan and conduct the stock counts as per Manuchar SA management guidelines.
- Optimise metric tons per sqm.
- Ensure continuous improvement within the operation, ensuring that the operation always runs as efficient as possible to remain as cost effective as possible.
- Continuously target the reduction of operating costs.
- Engagement of staff via labour broker as per the operational requirement.
- Achieve tasks set out in pre-plan meetings on external breakbulk shipments
- Control and ensure adherence to all systems and processes
- Manage all SOPs and Work Instructions for all warehouse activities in line with SHERQ Department requirements
- To manage and drive the QMS and ensure all incidents, accidents and non-conformances are reported, reported and closed out per the SHERQ NCR process.
- Always maintaining SHERQ standards and record keeping (evidence of), inspection checklists, toolbox training, correct PPE and warehouse inductions as necessary
- Work closely with the SHERQ Department to ensure all processes and procedures are accurately followed
- Ensure HSE is being complied to and maintained on a daily basis and delivering excellent housekeeping practices
- Always ensure that the warehouse is safely locked down and safe keeping of assets within when there is no operational activity.
- Conduct WMS variance analysis, investigate variances and prepare variance reporting/evidence as well as counter measures to be via our QMS.
- Evaluate and analyse returns to highlight deficiencies/deviations affecting the Warehouse operations and include this in the monthly report.
- Provide daily production/operational reports to management
Damaged / Expired Goods
- Ensure that the cargo is always protected in the warehouse through means of safe stacking, correct equipment, relevant packaging resources, competent operators etc.